Highland Lights

Friday, November 2, 2007

Thing 9 - Streaming Video

I did an exploration of United Streaming as it relates to research, and found some interesting video clips. I looked at "Netfiles #301: Research Applications," and within that, the clip called "Learning to Recognize Valid Research Sources on the Internet." It was informative for me but not the sort of video that I would show to a group of students. The most interesting thing I learned was a site I hadn't heard of, called refdesk. The url is, of course, www.refdesk.com. It really does contain a wealth of information and links that I would encourage students to use.
I'm intrigued by United Streaming and plan to continue to explore what it has. We're also going to have a training session for the staff here at Highland to introduce them to this resource.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leslie Yoder said...

The quizes in US are excellent, and work well as pretests before showing a video clip. The ability to save and share content is also an impressive feature.

Leslie

November 8, 2007 at 9:29 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Let's refresh our memories on how to use United Streaming. I had a 'fast and dirty' demo and didn't put it in my memory bank, obviously.
Leslie E.

November 9, 2007 at 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home