Highland Lights

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Thing 32: Wikis

Creating a wiki at our Metronet meeting yesterday was a great exercise, and great fun. It's so easy to see applications for staff use and for classroom work. At one point, when we were stealing the lock from another group, it was almost like a game! I could well imagine a computer lab full of students working on a class wiki - which would be relevant for not only their class but for future classes. The collaborative, ongoing nature of a wiki is far different from a paper written by one student for an audience of one teacher.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

Since I had to miss the Wiki class, I don't think I totally understand what a Wiki is and why it is useful. When time permits, I will go through the sheets you were given and teach myself. If I need a tutor, will you be available?

January 15, 2008 at 4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home